Shrimp and Pineapple Party Pizza
This flavor-packed appetizer is a sweet, smoky, savory sensation! If you are traveling with this pizza, parbake the crust and assemble the pizza at home, then finish the baking on-site. When that's not possible, it is still delicious at room temperature! If you're not a seafood fan, substitute chicken for the shrimp. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, apple- or maple-smoked
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet; cut in half. Roll each half into a 10x6-in. rectangle. Place on a baking sheet. Fold under 1/4-in. of edges to form a rim. Prick center of pastry with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet. Bake until crust is golden, about 12 minutes. While pastry is baking, marinate shrimp in juice from pineapple tidbits.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until crisp, about 12 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Reserve 1-1/2 tablespoons drippings.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of drippings in skillet over medium-high heat; cook pepper until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet. Drain shrimp; add to skillet with remaining bacon drippings. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in hoisin sauce.
- Spread cream cheese over puff pastries. Scatter shrimp evenly over cream cheese. Sprinkle bacon and green pepper over shrimp. Using paper towels, squeeze pineapple tidbits dry; scatter over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until crust is browned and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Let stand briefly before cutting each pastry into 6 rectangles. If desired, top with addition Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 222 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.