Summer Turkey Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- Trim ends of yellow squash and zucchini; cut crosswise into 1-in. slices. Place slices in a large bowl; add potatoes. Pour oil over mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cut turkey into 24 cubes; add to vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper and salt; toss again.
- On 6 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey cubes, squash, zucchini and potatoes. Grill, covered, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, 12-15 minutes. Serve on greens with croutons. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 274 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 29, 2018
I am going to let you know the canned potatoes terrified me from the moment I read them and I thought based of the ingredients this may not be very flavorful. Let me tell you don't judge it before you try because it was fabulous!!!!! I made them for my kids and boss who all raved about it! I told my sister who made it as well! Definitely going back to this super easy and delicious meal when we have a busy week!
Jul 10, 2018
My whole family loved this recipe. It's hearty but also healthy with lots of veggies. I added mushroom to my kabobs and tomatoes to the salad. Very tasty!