Summer Turkey Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- Trim ends of yellow squash and zucchini; cut crosswise into 1-in. slices. Place slices in a large bowl; add potatoes. Pour oil over mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cut turkey into 24 cubes; add to vegetables. Stir in pepper and salt; toss again.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey cubes, squash, zucchini and potatoes. Grill, covered, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, 12-15 minutes. Serve on greens with croutons. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 274 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2018
I am going to let you know the canned potatoes terrified me from the moment I read them and I thought based of the ingredients this may not be very flavorful. Let me tell you don't judge it before you try because it was fabulous!!!!! I made them for my kids and boss who all raved about it! I told my sister who made it as well! Definitely going back to this super easy and delicious meal when we have a busy week!
Jul 10, 2018
My whole family loved this recipe. It's hearty but also healthy with lots of veggies. I added mushroom to my kabobs and tomatoes to the salad. Very tasty!