Grilled Beef Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) French or Russian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 8 to 10 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 small zucchini squash, cut into chunks
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, quartered, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Place half of marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in bag. Wrap bacon around beef cubes. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 447 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 29, 2012
Best kabobs I've ever made! I actually signed up for Taste of Home just so I could write this review. Usually Kabobs taste charred or dry to me, but these were just fantastic. So much flavor and not dry at all due to the basting of the marinade. Would make them again in a heartbeat. My beef was tender and worked fine. Great recipe!
Jun 6, 2010
The sauce was tasty but my beef was a little tough. I must have used the wrong cut of beef - otherwise fabulously tasty - the veggies were superb and the marinade as a baste was very good - beef aside they were the best kabobs I have ever made.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.