Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and salt. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Alternate meat, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and tomatoes on metal or soaked wood skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve meat and vegetables over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 963mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Sep 26, 2010
This recipe was absolutely amazing. My whole family and parents LOVED them. Very easy and fast to prepare and make.
Jun 6, 2010
I doubled the recipe for the marinade and made half of them like this and the other half with the same marinade but using boneless skinless chicken breast, red bell pepper chunks, pineapple chunks, zucchini chunks, and then the cherry tomatoes and I used baby portabella mushrooms. Easy and y ummy and it didn't heat up the house either and most of it was done ahead of time. I used EVOO and also low sodium soy sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.