Grilled Hummus Turkey Sandwich
I created this toasted sandwich last summer using homemade hummus and veggies from our garden. We really can't get enough! —Gunjan Gilbert, Franklin, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread hummus on 2 bread slices; top with turkey, tomato, cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side.
Health Tip: Cut saturated fat in half by omitting the butter and browning the sandwich in nonstick cooking spray instead.