Turkey Dijon Melts
I enjoy making this when I am craving comfort food, but don’t have the time or energy for a big meal. It works well with deli or leftover turkey. —Sarah Marshall, Creedmoor, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with mayonnaise. Layer with turkey, cheese and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread remaining slices of bread with salad dressing; place over onion. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 265 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Dijon Melts in Reminisce Extra November 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.