Ham and Brie Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with half of the preserves. Layer with ham and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining preserves; place over cheese, preserves side down. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 500 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1208mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 6, 2014
Oh my word. Sooo delicious! Perfect combination of sweet and savory. Remarkable recipe. I will be making this many times again for sure.
Nov 11, 2014
Wow! Adding the apricot preserves to this sandwich is ingenious. Perfect! I made it for a quick Sunday night dinner to go with a bowl of cream of tomato soup... wonderful combination. As I field editor, I am happy to rate this 5 Star!
Oct 10, 2014
Tasty, quick a nice twist, good for lunch with weekend company ,
Apr 17, 2013
This is one of the finest grilled sandwiches I've ever eaten. It really is an easy-to-make tasty combo of flavors. Absolutely mouth-watering!!!!
Apr 23, 2011
Fabulous sandwich - have made it several times and will make again with Easter ham leftovers
Mar 6, 2011
I was born in germany and we make sandwiches similar to this one, we just use diff bread
Jan 17, 2010
very tasty, we loved it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.