Texas Toast Turkey Melts
Strips of bacon and warm cheese sauce turn these open-faced sandwiches into a lip-smacking lunch. "Serve with a bowl of soup for speedy meal," suggests Karen Gentry from Somerset, Kentucky. "They're just as good when the turkey is replaced with ham."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 thick slices fresh white bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 18 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top with turkey; broil for 2 minutes or until heated through. Top each with 3 strips of bacon.
- Place cheese sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer or until heated through. Pour over sandwiches.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 437 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1732mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Texas Toast Turkey Melts in Quick Cooking November/December 2001