Sourdough Turkey Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread mayonnaise over two slices of bread. Layer with green chiles, turkey and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 428 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2015
This is a great alternative to a basic grilled cheese sandwich. The green chilies are a great addition.
Mar 29, 2015
Dec 21, 2014
This was a great, quick and easy recipe I made for my family for lunch. I did use wheat bread in place of sourdough bread she a slice tomato on each sandwich in place of the green Chillies.