Sourdough Turkey Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread mayonnaise over two slices of bread. Layer with green chiles, turkey and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 428 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 22, 2015
This is a great alternative to a basic grilled cheese sandwich. The green chilies are a great addition.
Mar 29, 2015
Dec 21, 2014
This was a great, quick and easy recipe I made for my family for lunch. I did use wheat bread in place of sourdough bread she a slice tomato on each sandwich in place of the green Chillies.