Turkey Sandwich with Raspberry-Mustard Spread
My hearty sandwich has different yet complementary flavors and textures. Make it even cozier by adding slices of cooked sweet potato slices. —Sarah Savage, Buena Vista, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon red raspberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 6 ounces sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- Combine the honey, mustard, preserves and mustard seed; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add spinach, garlic and chili powder; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 3-4 minutes.
- Spread half of the mustard mixture over two slices of toast. Layer with turkey, mushroom mixture and avocado. Spread remaining mustard mixture over remaining toast; place over top.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 449 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Healthy Harvest Sandwich in Simple & Delicious December/January 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.