Turkey Sandwich with Raspberry-Mustard Spread
My hearty sandwich has different yet complementary flavors and textures. It is filled with flavor and nutrients, without all the unhealthy fats, sodium and added sugar many other sandwiches have. And it’s absolutely delicious! —Sarah Savage, Buena Vista, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon red raspberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 6 ounces sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- Combine the honey, mustard, preserves and mustard seed; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add spinach, garlic and chili powder; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 3-4 minutes.
- Spread half of the mustard mixture over 2 slices of toast. Layer with turkey, mushroom mixture and avocado. Spread remaining mustard mixture over remaining toast; place over top.
Test Kitchen tips