Turkey Tea Sandwiches with Basil Mayonnaise
The basil mayonnaise is the secret to these tasty little sandwiches. Keep any extra in the fridge to spread on other meat sandwiches, stir into egg salad or spread on a pizza crust before topping it with other ingredients. —Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes20 tea sandwiches
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 10 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- Place mayonnaise and basil in a food processor; process until basil is finely chopped, scraping down sides as needed. Spread mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice. Layer five bread slices with turkey and cheese; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into four triangles.
Nutrition Facts1 tea sandwich: 90 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Provolone Tea Sandwiches with Basil Mayonnaise in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015