Special Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 3/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, spinach, basil, cheese and garlic until blended; set aside. In a small skillet, cook onion in wine until tender; set aside.
- Place four slices of toast on a broiler pan; top with turkey. Place remaining toast on broiler pan; spread with cream cheese mixture.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Layer the onion, tomato and lettuce over turkey. Place cream cheese toasts over sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 348 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1426mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Apr 6, 2011
This was really good!
Oct 9, 2010
I don't like onions, so I left those out, but after that change, the sandwiches were delicious!
Aug 10, 2010
This sandwich was amazing. It was like eating a restaurant sandwich. I will probably end up making it for company. And it was super easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.