Berry Turkey Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and pecans. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce, cheese, turkey, strawberries and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 319 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2017
I made this sandwich to share at a gathering. I was delightfully surprised that it wasn't too dry. The strawberries really help to keep it from being to dry. The cream cheese kept the bread from absorbing the moisture from the strawberries. I don't know if I'll make it again or not but it was a nice variation on a turkey sandwich.
Aug 8, 2009
I LOVE THIS SANDWICH!!!I MAKE ABOUT 2 TIMES A WEEK OR WHEN STRAWBERRIES ARE IN SEASON MY FAVORITE, GOING TO TRY OTHER FRUIT ON THIS TO SEE IF I CAN MAKE OTHER FRUITS SANDWICHES IN CASE I CAN'T FIND FREASH STRAWBERRIES.