Slow-Cooked Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 18 wheat sandwich buns, split
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted, 3-4 hours. Stir mixture; spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 263 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 15, 2018
Tasted Great! I used dried chopped onions, but didn't have celery on hand so I made it without. I think the celery would have made it even better!
Oct 23, 2013
So nasty. These ingredients do not go together.
Jan 6, 2012
Very good; I think kids would really like this. I used the leftovers the next day with noodles & a little extra cream of mushroom soup. yum
Apr 24, 2010
Our family loves this recipe. Sometimes, my husband asks me to make it with only 4 cups of turkey, and then we serve it over rice.
Feb 24, 2010
This was just average for us. Nothing special. Maybe it would be an okay item for a potluck - even then, there are much better things out there to make.
Nov 30, 2009
Wish I had more leftover turkey. Next time I'd like to reduce the salt in this recipe. Any suggestions? I only fixed 1/2 of the recipe.
Aug 28, 2009
Very delicious! I served on kaiser rolls. This is asked for often.
Sep 17, 2008
Made this for a church dinner, there were no leftovers and everyone wanted the recipe. Easy to make.
Jan 17, 2008
Delicious and easy - I used cooked chicken from another slow cooker recipe and this turned out wonderful!