Slow-Cooked Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 18 wheat sandwich buns, split
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted. Stir mixture; spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 263 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 15, 2018
Tasted Great! I used dried chopped onions, but didn't have celery on hand so I made it without. I think the celery would have made it even better!
Oct 23, 2013
So nasty. These ingredients do not go together.
Jan 6, 2012
Very good; I think kids would really like this. I used the leftovers the next day with noodles & a little extra cream of mushroom soup. yum
Apr 24, 2010
Our family loves this recipe. Sometimes, my husband asks me to make it with only 4 cups of turkey, and then we serve it over rice.
Feb 24, 2010
This was just average for us. Nothing special. Maybe it would be an okay item for a potluck - even then, there are much better things out there to make.
Nov 30, 2009
Wish I had more leftover turkey. Next time I'd like to reduce the salt in this recipe. Any suggestions? I only fixed 1/2 of the recipe.
Aug 28, 2009
Very delicious! I served on kaiser rolls. This is asked for often.
Sep 17, 2008
Made this for a church dinner, there were no leftovers and everyone wanted the recipe. Easy to make.
Jan 17, 2008
Delicious and easy - I used cooked chicken from another slow cooker recipe and this turned out wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.