Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and pepper.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 247 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Feb 19, 2018
Love turkey-its good for me as nice for those having cholosterol problem -I have read have turkey luncheon meat at times-why dont you publish a frog legs recipe also-for people like me.
Apr 27, 2017
Very good, however I did substitute the turkey with chicken, still amazing!
Dec 6, 2016
Very good; even for a 2.5 year old toddler. Left out the onion upon husband's request and it still turned out yummy!
Oct 28, 2016
Doubled everything & put in my 5 quart slow cooker. Onions not required. Delicious!- Theresa
Jan 31, 2016
Wonderful and easy!
Aug 24, 2015
Super easy and delicious! I didn't have any reduced sodium soup on hand so I used regular tomato soup and received no complaints that the dish was too salty.
May 7, 2014
I wasn't so sure about using tomato soup in this but it turned out great! Even my son loved it and he can be quite the picky eater!
Mar 30, 2014
While this is easy and healthy, I really love orignal sloppy joes. My kids immediatly knew this was not ground beef. I thought it was good, but will replace with the original.
Dec 18, 2013
I also used yellow pepper because that is what I had. Delicious!
Nov 18, 2013
Not bad for the 1st time we had ground turkey.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.