Cranberry Turkey Sloppy Joes
Want a holiday spin on sloppy joes? This combination of turkey and cranberries is a big hit with everyone who tastes it! The flavor has a touch of sweetness, a touch of salt—just right for a holiday get-together. The slow cooker makes it easy to keep warm on a buffet. —Christine Grimm, Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 20 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey in batches over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in ketchup, broth, cranberries, soup mixes, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours. Serve on buns.
Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.