Cranberry Turkey Sloppy Joes
Want a holiday spin on sloppy joes? This combination of turkey and cranberries is a big hit with everyone who tastes it! The flavor has a touch of sweetness, a touch of salt—just right for a holiday get-together. The slow cooker makes it easy to keep warm on a buffet. —Christine Grimm, Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 20 hamburger buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey in batches over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in ketchup, broth, cranberries, soup mixes, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours. Serve on buns.
Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 344 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry BBQ in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.