Pressure Cooker Mini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches
Preparing the pulled turkey in a delicious teriyaki sauce for these snack-size sandwiches is a breeze using a pressure cooker. Serving them on lightly-toasted sweet dinner rolls is a finishing touch.—Amanda Hoop, Seaman, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. + releasing
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place turkey in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. In a small bowl, combine next six ingredients; pour over turkey. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 25 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove turkey from pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return meat to pressure cooker. Stir to heat through.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Split rolls; brush cut sides with butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture on roll bottoms. Replace tops.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 mini sandwich: 252 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.