Pressure-Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
With only a few ingredients, this roast beef is a snap to throw together. The meat turns out wonderfully tender. —Lauren Adamson, Layton, Utah
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour + releasing
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 Italian rolls, split
- In a bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients. Halve roast; place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Pour pepperoncini mixture over top. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 60 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. A thermometer inserted into beef should read at least 145°.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with 2 forks. Return beef and cooking juices to pressure cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls.
To make ahead: In a large shallow freezer container, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add roast; cover and freeze. To use, place freezer container in refrigerator 48 hours or until roast is completely thawed. Cook and serve as directed. Freeze option: Freeze cooled, cooked beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 278 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches in Skinny Instant Pot