Mini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place turkey in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over turkey. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return meat to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until sauce is thickened, 30-35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Split rolls and brush cut sides with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake 8-10 minutes or until toasted and golden brown. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture on roll bottoms. Replace tops.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 252 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
disappointing, just not much flavor, good idea but will not make again
Dec 24, 2017
What an awesome, recipe! It was so easy to prepare and tasted great! Although it's just the two of us, I made a full-sized batch (substituting chicken for the turkey) and put some in the freezer. A new favorite and something I'll definitely be making often!