Hearty Turkey & Feta Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- Cut French bread lengthwise in half; hollow out each half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spread hummus over cut side of bread top. In a small bowl, combine cheese and oregano; sprinkle over bread bottom. Top with turkey, red pepper and pickles. Replace top; cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 199 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Aug 8, 2013
I put this sandwich together and pressed it in a panini maker...then added the sliced pickles, very good..altho my husband next time will want a less crusty bread...great combination of ingredients!
Jun 14, 2013
I absolutely loved this recipe! All of my favorite ingredients and it came together rather quickly. Next time though I would double the recipe because it really only made four 6 inch sandwiches.
Jun 12, 2013
I think we all get sick of the same old sandwich. What a delicious change. The saltiness of the feta & pickle with the rich flavor & texture of the hummus & the crunch of pickle & sweet red pepper is a winner. THANKS Jackie ! LOVED it ! It's also a healthier choice & reasonable on calories , too .
Jun 10, 2013
I liked this sandwich - I enjoy Greek flavors and it definitely delivered, in a very American style package.