Hearty Turkey & Feta Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- Cut French bread lengthwise in half; hollow out each half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save removed bread for another use).
- Spread hummus over cut side of bread top. In a small bowl, combine cheese and oregano; sprinkle over bread bottom. Top with turkey, red pepper and pickles. Replace top; cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 199 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2013
I put this sandwich together and pressed it in a panini maker...then added the sliced pickles, very good..altho my husband next time will want a less crusty bread...great combination of ingredients!
Jun 14, 2013
I absolutely loved this recipe! All of my favorite ingredients and it came together rather quickly. Next time though I would double the recipe because it really only made four 6 inch sandwiches.
Jun 12, 2013
I think we all get sick of the same old sandwich. What a delicious change. The saltiness of the feta & pickle with the rich flavor & texture of the hummus & the crunch of pickle & sweet red pepper is a winner. THANKS Jackie ! LOVED it ! It's also a healthier choice & reasonable on calories , too .
Jun 10, 2013
I liked this sandwich - I enjoy Greek flavors and it definitely delivered, in a very American style package.