Lean turkey sausage is another good choice for pizza. Substitute your favorite vegetables as a topping.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey Italian sausage links
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Press pizza dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, building up edges slightly; seal seam. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread with pizza sauce; top with sausage, onion, artichokes and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 433 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1359mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Pizza in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.