I love tomatoes, and these are healthy and versatile. You can use them in sandwiches or omelets, or to top broiled chicken. —Julie Gomez, Downey, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
Makes16 servings (4 cups)
- 20 plum tomatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-in. slices. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt.
- Place on racks coated with cooking spray in foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until tomatoes are deep brown around the edges and shriveled. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Freeze option: Place in freezer container; freeze for up to 3 months. Bring tomatoes to room temperature before using.