Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cut tomatoes in half widthwise; place cut side up in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 26, 2008
I added just a little rosemary for a twist and it was great! This is great for me because I am a diebetic and it is so hard to find food that doesnt have carbs that taste great! the only problem is if your tomatoes are really ripe the skin pulls away from the tomato and the skin gets tough so it you have to take the skin off of it before you give it to a young child or for a person with false teeth. My mom and husband had a rough time eating this the first time I made it but if you use a tomato that is kinda on the green side it works perfect!!