Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice tomatoes in half. Using a small spoon, remove seeds. Place tomato halves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil, garlic and pepper. Brush over tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil.
- Broil about 6 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until crumbs are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 55 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2018
Simple and delicious for quick weeknight side dish. My tomatoes were extra juicy, so I gave them a few extra minutes under the broiler and drained the pan a bit before topping with the Parmesan and bread crumb mixture. Thanks for sharing!