Lemon-Parmesan Broiled Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat broiler. In large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add asparagus; toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a wire rack over a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Broil 5-6 inches from heat 5-7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 156 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
May 6, 2019
I used lime peel instead of the lemon zest! The lime zest gave the asparagus a tangy flavor and the dressing was delicious on the broiled asparagus! What a tasty side dish!
Apr 18, 2019
This recipe takes asparagus to another level. I followed the recipe exactly except that I baked it (350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes) instead of broiling..... I was baking fish for dinner and decided to bake the asparagus as well. The mayonnaise and lemon zest give it a refreshing flavor. I also served it with lemon wedges (since I was serving it with fish). Five stars for sure! Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 16, 2019
Delicious! Made no changes to the recipe. It cooks in minutes and is definitely a 5-star recipe. I highly recommend it. Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 24, 2019
This was really delicious and so easy to make. Will definitely make again.