Spaghetti Chicken Parmesan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter on both sides until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, garlic salt and remaining oregano, Cook over medium heat until heated through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 326 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1696mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
May 24, 2018
Very delicious recipe! I used Panko Italian seasoned bread crumbs, and still added the extra seasonings per the recipe. In place of spaghetti noodles, I used my vegetable spiralizer to make zucchini noodles.
Feb 18, 2018
An elegant meal made so quickly!
Mar 25, 2017
Served this for company last night and it was really moist and good. The only thing I did different was to dust the chicken in flour before dipping in egg and rolling in bread mix. I used a can of Traditional spaghetti sauce "as is" and served the remaining sauce in a pitcher to be used over the pasta (just plain old spaghetti) if desired. The only other thing needed for the meal was a salad and dessert. Sure had raves. Will definitely serve this again.
Jan 30, 2016
This was very good. I did make two adjustments though....I flattened the chicken so it was crispier and added some heat with red pepper flakes. :)
Jun 10, 2014
This went together so quickly, very moist, and just delicious!
Dec 12, 2013
This was good, but my family prefers the version I've been making for years.
Dec 11, 2013
Loved the chicken seasoning. Really added to the taste.
Jul 28, 2012
<p>Very easy to make with great results - I have made this one many times and it pleases even picky eaters. I should add that I usually add extra spaghetti sauce to fully coat all of the pasta.</p>
Nov 25, 2011
Very tastey!! I baked mine covered at 350 for about 25 min, instead of cooking in skillet; then spooned sauce on top, plus cheese and baked uncovered till cheese melted.
Oct 24, 2009
This is hands down a favorite!! The chicken is amazing! I use seasoned salt and make my own sauce, but you will be asked for this recipe from everyone you serve it to. Thank you!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.