Parmesan Crisp Baked Apples
A dear friend and I wanted to make an easy apple crisp. We made a Parmesan filling, stuffed the apples and baked them whole. They were a hit! —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 small Braeburn or Gala apples
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a 1/4-in. slice off top of each apple. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; place in a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish. Microwave, covered, 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cheese, oats, flour, brown sugar and nutmeg; stir in melted butter until crumbly. Carefully fill apples with oat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. If desired, drizzle with honey.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed apple: 255 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Baked Apples with Crispy Twist in Taste of Home September/October 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.