Thyme-Baked Apple Slices
My children love this healthy apple side dish along with chicken fingers for lunch. It's also a wonderful alternative to potatoes when serving meat. My family even asks for seconds!—Constance Henry, Hibbing, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 large Braeburn apples (about 4 pounds)
- 3-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- Place cider in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup, 18-20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Peel and cut each apple into eight wedges. In a large bowl, toss apples with 1/4 cup of the reduced cider and 3 teaspoons thyme. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining reduced cider. Bake until tender, 12-15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining thyme.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 264 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 17, 2019
Looks fabulous! Going to try it with a different apple variety. Braeburns are not readily available where I live. I grow several varieties of thyme - thinking lemon thyme might be cool.