Apple Spice Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, apple juice and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 228 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2011
These muffins are very tasty. I used homemade granola with fruit in it. Next time I would use the store bought granola instead. I also used more cinnamon and nutmeg because we love spice.
Aug 22, 2010
These muffins are delicious. I've never found an apple muffin recipe I liked better. My two kids (a 5- and 1-year old) agree. Get to the orchard, pick some apples and use your bounty to make this yummy recipe. If it makes more than you can eat, freeze them. I just pull out one and thaw in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and voila, a healthy afternoon snack.
Oct 3, 2009
I would also like to know the calorie and fiber as well as the fat count for this recipe.LM
Sep 29, 2009
You can drizzle these with a powdered sugar and milk glaze and even dust with cinnamon sugar. Or substitute orange juice for the milk for the glaze to change the flavor up a notch!
Sep 19, 2009
what is the calorie and fiber count on this recipe? Carol