Caramel Apple Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and caramels.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 245 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 24, 2017
My go to dessert for the Holidays. Very moist and delicious.
Oct 18, 2017
Excellent fall muffin recipe. The entire family enjjoyed the muffins. I will make again.
Oct 8, 2016
I made these into mini muffins. The first pan was made with the streusel topping, and they were waaaaaay too sweet!!! I love sweets (I used to work at a major chocolate factory), but these were almost not edible (almost). The second batch were streusel-free, but the caramel bits fell to the bottom and made a huge mess. I love caramel and apples together, but I won't be making these again.
Sep 22, 2016
So much easier than making caramel apples! Definitely a keeper!
Jun 8, 2016
Yummy! Would use even more carmel next time for gooier results.
Dec 1, 2015
I couldn't find the caramel bits so I used a half a teaspoon of caramel topping for each muffin. It made a mess, but it was worth it. I used 2 tablespoons of butter for the topping and used more apples like others suggested.
Oct 29, 2015
Dec 28, 2014
Delicious...caramel bits work great.
Oct 24, 2014
I just made a double batch! After making these three separate times I realized I needed to double it because they disappear so quickly. Instead of cutting caramels I used a bag of the Kraft caramel bits ( minus the few handfuls I threw in my mouth ). These are absolutely delicious!!!!
Oct 19, 2014
I quartered the caramels and doubled the apples. My gosh, when they first come out of the oven and have cooled out of the pan for an additional 10 minutes....just enough to be able to handle them, these are incredible! The caramel does ooze out! But watch out once they cool! They are still moist and delicious, but the caramels harden and can crack your teeth! I will make these again, but try the caramel bites that reviewers are talking about.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.