Caramel Apple Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and caramels.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 245 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 20, 2020
Super big hit with the family. Definite recommend.
Oct 14, 2019
Great muffins. They're pretty sweet so I leave out the caramels and make a caramel sauce for people to drizzle over the top.
Sep 21, 2019
This recipe sounds delicious! But I live in Germany and can’t get caramel candy. Any suggestions as to what I could substitute them with? Thanks
Apr 6, 2019
I have made these before, but now I found caramel chips so wanted to try them with those. They were really good, but on the sweet side. Next time I’d cut the sugar down just a bit.
Dec 18, 2018
Nice, moist muffins. Perfect with coffee. I did add spices to the chopped apples before adding them to the mix.
Nov 11, 2018
Made these for our Sunday morning coffee time. They are so good. I will be making them again soon.
Dec 24, 2017
My go to dessert for the Holidays. Very moist and delicious.
Oct 18, 2017
Excellent fall muffin recipe. The entire family enjjoyed the muffins. I will make again.
Oct 8, 2016
I made these into mini muffins. The first pan was made with the streusel topping, and they were waaaaaay too sweet!!! I love sweets (I used to work at a major chocolate factory), but these were almost not edible (almost). The second batch were streusel-free, but the caramel bits fell to the bottom and made a huge mess. I love caramel and apples together, but I won't be making these again.
Sep 22, 2016
So much easier than making caramel apples! Definitely a keeper!