Caramel Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apples in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside. Place caramels and water in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated; stir until blended. Pour over apples.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe dish; cover and heat on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over caramel mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes until apples are tender, turning a half turn once.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2016
I didn't follow directions too well, but it turned out awesome, so yum. thanks for the recipe :)
Sep 23, 2016
This was a fabulous dessert! We have fresh apples right now and they were perfect! We served with fresh whipped cream!