Caramel Apple Crisp
You can't beat this combination of tender apples, gooey caramel sauce and a sweet oat topping. "My husband and I are retired and love to cook and bake," says Alta Looney of Howard, Ohio.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apples in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside. Place caramels and water in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated; stir until blended. Pour over apples.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe dish; cover and heat on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over caramel mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes until apples are tender, turning a half turn once.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 27, 2016
I didn't follow directions too well, but it turned out awesome, so yum. thanks for the recipe :)
Sep 23, 2016
This was a fabulous dessert! We have fresh apples right now and they were perfect! We served with fresh whipped cream!