Healthy Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Toss apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased microwave-safe 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Mix first four topping ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 252 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 13, 2014
I would recommend this to anyone who is in a hurry, but not wanting to skimp out on flavor. Very quick and convenient if you would rather not fire up the oven which consequently heats up the whole house. Don't let the microwave fool you/make you nervous; the recipe turns out great! I didn't change a thing to the recipe. The taste reminded me of a traditional (old fashioned) apple crisp that your Grandmother would make and serve to you growing up.
Mar 6, 2013
Wonderful food match,surely i will try it.
Mar 15, 2010
I had this at a friends house and found it great. I got the recipe from her and have sent it to others. I will make it often. It is easy to make. I think that I will add chopped walnuts some of the time. It will be nice to make when the summer temps. get to be above 100 degrees and you can just pop it into the microwave.
Mar 4, 2010
A great recipe for unexpected company. Will use it often.
Mar 3, 2010
This is such a delicious recipe. It's one we'd make many more times and I rate it excellent.
Jan 3, 2009
This was a wonderful, healthy dessert
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.