Apple and Squash Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add squash, pie filling and lemon juice.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over squash mixture.
- Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 285 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 3, 2015
If you like Butternut squash, then you will probably like this recipe, but since I don't love squash, the squash flavor was too strong for me.
Nov 3, 2012
We loved this butternut apple crisp.I am reprinting now to send to my Aunt after raving how wonderful it was
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.