Easy Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 21, 2019
VERY good. This has been a staple in my home as well as my daughters home. The only slight tweaks I have made over the years is to a variety of Apples. Some granny, a few golden delicious Honey crisp if I can get them, etc etc ..... For the topping I use a whole teaspoon of cinnamon, and add in 1/4 teaspoon salt I also make my topping first then chill it while i do the apples.....OR EVEN 1 DAY AHEAD, WHICH TURNS OUT MUCH BETTER , PLUS I can get a better crumble texture after the ceumb topping has been mixed
Oct 13, 2019
Very good, will make again for sure some time.
Jun 14, 2018
Just like mom use to make it. It’s one of my favorites
Jan 15, 2018
So easy and delicious! Plenty of cinnamon flavor. I cut this recipe in half because I didn't have enough apples on hand. Also, after reading a review that the apple filling was runny, I did add a couple tablespoons of flour to the apple mixture.
Jan 1, 2018
So easy to make. Good for church socials, or family dinner. But be careful it's addictive!
Nov 9, 2017
So easy and a great way to use old apples.
Oct 18, 2015
This was one of the best apple crisp recipes I've ever used. The apples were fresh picked and had the perfect tartness. My husband loves it! I highly recommend this recipe, quick and simple.
Oct 6, 2015
Smells great. Taste great. Easy to prepare. It's a keeper.
Oct 15, 2013
My house smelled fantastic while this baked! Served it with ice cream and it was a hit!
Sep 10, 2013
I cut down on the sugar seemed like too much and used rolled oats Not the quick cook oats it was delicious