Easy Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 14, 2018
Just like mom use to make it. It’s one of my favorites
Jan 15, 2018
So easy and delicious! Plenty of cinnamon flavor. I cut this recipe in half because I didn't have enough apples on hand. Also, after reading a review that the apple filling was runny, I did add a couple tablespoons of flour to the apple mixture.
Jan 1, 2018
So easy to make. Good for church socials, or family dinner. But be careful it's addictive!
Nov 9, 2017
So easy and a great way to use old apples.
Oct 18, 2015
This was one of the best apple crisp recipes I've ever used. The apples were fresh picked and had the perfect tartness. My husband loves it! I highly recommend this recipe, quick and simple.
Oct 6, 2015
Smells great. Taste great. Easy to prepare. It's a keeper.
Oct 15, 2013
My house smelled fantastic while this baked! Served it with ice cream and it was a hit!
Sep 10, 2013
I cut down on the sugar seemed like too much and used rolled oats Not the quick cook oats it was delicious
Jun 2, 2013
This is a very good recipe. But! don't cut your hand while cutting up the apples. Cuz, it'll make you forget to add the Brown Sugar!
May 12, 2013
This turned out wonderfully! I followed the recipe exactly and I served it at a BBQ dinner and it got great reviews. The topping was a great caramel brown. Next time, I might try decreasing the white sugar to 1/4 cup, as it seemed like a lot of sugar when I poured it over the apples.