Pear Apple Crisp
By using canned fruit, I eliminate time-consuming peeling and slicing. Usually, I slide it in the oven right next to the meat dish. The oven-fresh crisp is ready to eat when we're done with dinner.—Judy Foye, Freeport, Maine
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- Ice cream, optional
- In a greased 9-in. square baking dish, combine pie filling and pears; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour oats and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 520 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 91g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 7, 2012
no taste comparison to using real apples/pears. and look at how many calories this has compared to fresh fruit
Sep 11, 2011
This tastes and smells fabulous.Very nice for fall but I make it all year. Thanks for the receipe.