Caramel Apple-Pear Crisp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar-free caramel topping
- OAT TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix sugar and allspice; toss with fruit. Place in an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with caramel topping.
- Mix oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake until top is golden brown and fruit is tender, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 241 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 7, 2015
This is delicious and easy! Everyone loved it! I did read the reviews saying that the pears are a little too juicy, so I sprinkled about 1/2 tsp of instant tapioca over the fruit before I added the caramel and the crumb topping.
Mar 19, 2015
I made this as a quick weeknight dessert using canned pears and it was delicious. I didn't have any caramel topping so I left that out. I sprinkled the pears with some dried cranberries before adding the topping and it was a great combination. I also substituted pecans for the walnuts. I baked it for just 20 minutes until the topping was browned, since the pears were already soft. I'll definitely make this again.
Oct 16, 2014
Mine came out juicy as well. I did use walnuts, so perhaps it is from the pears? I also used cortland apples which are not very tart, and it came out great! I served it with fat-free reddi whip, everyone inhaled it :)
Sep 4, 2012
I found this to be a little bit juicier than I would have liked, perhaps because I left the walnuts out - due to diet restrictions, or because the pears I used were very ripe. Still, it was very tasty, not too sweet, and the caramel sauce added a nice touch.