Cheesy Apple Crisp
When "the gang's all here", Rita Wilken of Bloomfield, Nebraska likes to serve this dessert topped with whipped cream. When we tried it in our Test Kitchen, we agreed it would top off any meal deliciously!
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 13 quarts apples (about 42 medium), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups cold butter
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Arrange apples in four greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Combine water and lemon juice; sprinkle over apples. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gently stir in cheese. Spread over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Originally published as Cheesy Apple Crisp in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.