Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; add apples and toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares.
- Spoon 1/2 cup apple mixture into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon; brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2017
These were great, the only suggestion while working with the first puff pastry put the other one in the refrigerator and keep it cold. I am new to puff pastry so I am learning. I used fresh picked apples so were yummy.
Feb 28, 2015
These were good. Great hot out of the oven.
May 30, 2013
This is my go to fall dessert. People love them everytime I make them!
Mar 3, 2013
great! easy! can use any flavor canned filling!
Jan 17, 2013
I added 1/2 cup raisins to the filling. Next time I'm going to try dried cranberries
Oct 27, 2012
I almost couldn't believe this recipe was so easy! They were gone as soon as I put them on the table. I had planned on serving them with vanilla ice cream but noone waited for it to soften.
Feb 22, 2012
These were wonderful and so easy to make! I will define fly make these again.
Nov 5, 2011
For a girl that doesn't like apple items, I tried it and loved it!
May 2, 2010
Very easy and very yummy!! My husband used Apple Pie filling instead of this filling. We will for sure use this recipe again!