Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Mash well with a fork. Bring to a boil over low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and remaining blueberries.
- Unfold puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over turnovers. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 401 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2017
Super easy to make. I used frozen blueberries we had picked last summer. They were fabulous.
Feb 18, 2017
Delicious taste but way too runny. Used frozen berries but next time I make this I'll double the berries.
Aug 25, 2014
I made this the other day for my babies and I must say...Delicious!! I have recommended this recipe to every person I have spoke with since eating them:) Can't wait to try different fillings in the future.
Sep 12, 2011
Wonderful! Have made this several times with a few tweaks based on what I have on hand for the filling. Turns out great every time!
Jan 28, 2011
great flavor, I did bake it at a lower temp because it was browning too quickly. kids said "mom this is the best recipe"