Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; top each with chicken mixture. Fold dough over and seal edges.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 169 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 8, 2014
These were very good, and the recipe is a good jumping off point for making your own creation. I agree that the crunch from the celery was nice, and I too had a bit of extra leftover, but nothing major. These do require some sort of dipping sauce though, as it can be a bit dry. One thing to try is to sub in bell pepper for the celery, maybe throw in some corn, then after these are baked, dip them in some salsa.
Jan 15, 2012
I must not have measured very well because I had quite a bit of extra chicken mixture. We liked the crunch from the celery. Everyone says it's easy to work with crescent rolls, but I find it tedious. Still, there were a hit.
Nov 14, 2011
These were pretty good, and it seems like they'd be easy to tweak with different ingredients. I made them for lunch for myself and my 2 year old, with a little dipping sauce ;).
Apr 18, 2011
I added some bacon also !!!
Apr 13, 2010
I had left over filling but otherwise very good!
Jan 1, 2010
Fantastic! I used regular cheese and butter crescents though so I am sure that added some more flavor.
Dec 1, 2009
We make this recipe often -- it's a family favorite. When my daughter was 3 years old, she mistakenly called them left turnovers (since we make them when we have leftover chicken or turkey.) We call them that to this day!
Mar 19, 2008
I made this recipe for a PTA meeting and all who tried it loved it. I did not use reduced fat cheese and rolls, I used the regular kind instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.