Spinach Feta Turnovers
These quick and easy turnovers are a favorite with my wife. The refrigerated pizza dough makes preparation a snap! —David Baruch, Weston, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- In a bowl, whisk eggs; set aside 1 tablespoon of eggs. Combine the spinach, feta cheese, garlic, pepper and remaining beaten eggs.
- Unroll pizza crust; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four 3-in. squares. Top each square with about 1/3 cup spinach mixture. Fold into a triangle and pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top; brush with reserved egg.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with tzatziki sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 turnover: 361 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 936mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Feta Turnovers in Taste of Home June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.