Spinach Cheese Swirls
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and garlic; spoon over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tucks ends under and pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slice: 379 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 30, 2015
This is just a Basic Italian Recipe Passed Down Through Centuries in ITALY ... I was looking for something to help me remember how to Saute the Spinach since my mother is NO LONGER WITH US ... A person needs to know HOW TO COOK to make it ... I saw these reviews and I'm sure they only know how to BURN WATER ... That person Below needs a good lesson in Spinach or Talk to Popeye the Sailor
Jul 13, 2014
Threw hqlf of this away. We didn't care for it at all. IF I try something like this again, I will try the French bread instead of pizza dough. And, still trying to figure out what spices might make it taste better. I love spinach, love spinach pizza, and was really looking forward to this. We even used spaghetti sauce for dipping. Didn't help.
Nov 21, 2011
I didn't have any frozen spinach, so I used canned (with liquid squeezed out). I also made my own pizza dough. I made half the recipe with spinach and then tried making the other half with pepperoni instead of spinach. I added some Italian seasoning to that one. I really enjoyed both of them.
Apr 6, 2011
I discovered this recipe years ago and it is wonderful. It is always requested at family gatherings. I don't change a thing. We love it.
Dec 30, 2010
Mar 4, 2009
This recipe was great the only thing I'll do different next time is add ricotta cheese