Turkey Biscuit Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, broth, milk and pepper until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add the turkey and frozen vegetables; heat through. Arrange biscuits over stew. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 319 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Jun 7, 2019
Wonderful recipe. Thanx for sharing Check some of mine at www.foodwithanu.com
Feb 21, 2019
Recipe looks interesting. I can see from picture that corn is in this recipe. I'm assuming it was added and not mentioned in recipe.
Jan 21, 2019
So good and so easy! I substituted rotisserie chicken as my local grocery store had that on sale. I used about two-thirds of the chicken, used regular chicken broth (not condensed), and basically doubled everything in the recipe except the peas and carrots as I was baking it in a larger cast-iron skillet. Even my non-vegetable grandsons loved this dish. I will definitely be making it again.
Nov 17, 2018
This is comfort food at it's best! Simple but tasty. Easy to put together and uses staple pantry items. Will be making this on a regular basis!
Nov 2, 2018
I used chicken instead of turkey. This recipe is to die for. My husband and I both loved it. Eating the leftovers today.