Stovetop Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves.
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown loaves on all sides; drain. Combine the cornstarch, tomato sauce and water until smooth. Pour over meat loaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 meat loaf: 292 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2018
This is so tasty and so easy.
Nov 30, 2016
This was a delicious recipe for meatloaf! I've always made meatloaf in the oven, but this was a great alternative way to cook them. Simmering them in the sauce kept them nice and moist! I generally like more onion and "stuff" in my meatloaf, but this really suited my picky daughter. She ate it in record time! I served it with seasoned baked potatoes and peas. Yum!
Aug 19, 2016
This was a really good meatloaf recipe. I doubled it to feed our family of 4. Instead of salt I used about 1/2 T of Montreal steak seasoning in the loaves. I also used the steak seasoning in the tomato gravy to taste.
May 2, 2015
Perfect for the two of us.
Apr 8, 2013
This is an excellent and easy recipe, When the meat loaves were done, I put a slice of provolone cheese and dried parsley on top and left covered in the pan until cheese melted. I made these with the parmesan peas and rice (for 2). Thanks for a great recipe!
Nov 1, 2010
My boyfriend and I have found a new meatloaf! My mom's is always the best of course, but this one is QUICK and amazing! Very tasty! I did add some Montreal Steak Seasoning to the mix.