Chicken Biscuit Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, broth, milk and pepper until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and peas and carrots; heat through. Arrange biscuits over stew. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 320 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
May 15, 2020
The only change I made was using mixed vegetables, and a cup of regular broth because I didn’t have condensed. Simple and delicious! A definite keeper!
May 9, 2020
This is an easy dish to make and it tastes good too. My family enjoyed it.
Jan 25, 2020
I made this when my daughter and her family were visiting and we all ready enjoyed this dish, even the twin 3 year olds! This is a family favorite!