When the weather starts turning cooler, we like to sit down to dinner with this colorful rich bisque. Add hot rolls and a salad, and you have a hearty meal.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add to boiling soup, stirring constantly until smooth. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Bisque in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook