Turkey Bow Tie Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender. Remove the turkey and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Add bow tie pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the stewed tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt and turkey mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Dec 12, 2014
I have made this recipe since it was first publushed in TOH. My family loves it and it is always a pleasure to serve it since it is so tasty and healthy.
Jan 24, 2013
Loved this recipe! Husband recommended a little more chili powder or cayenne powder for a little more "kick"!
Mar 21, 2012
My family loves this recipe! I typically use 1/2 lb. of lean ground beef instead of turkey, however. I have been making this recipe since it first appeared in the magazine.
Mar 19, 2012
This has been a favorite for long time Turkey Bow-Tie is easy and delicious!!!
Feb 25, 2012
Instead of ground turkey, I used 1 lb of finely chopped turkey cutlets and fried this first instead. A very nice recipe that can be made quickly.
Feb 22, 2011
I've made this for my family since the kids were little ~ they are grown and out of the house now! And it is still a favorite for my husband and I!!
Jun 22, 2010
I was looking for something else to do with ground turkey other than burgers and saw this recipe, thought I would try it out.What a Hit this was with my family! They are already asking when I was going to make it again! Thank you for sharing