Vegetable Beef Bow Tie Skillet
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, pasta, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add yellow pepper and zucchini; cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 498 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2012
This is one of my family's favorite late summer meals when I have garden product! I add yellow squash to this too and use the mini bowtie pastas. Even my kids love this!
Jul 25, 2012
added some minced garlic to beef & onion! delicious! will leave out salt though next time or use reduced sodium broth.
May 28, 2012
Substituted asparagus and sugar snap peas for the zucchini & yellow pepper. The kids loved it!
Apr 14, 2012
My family loved this meal! It was a little more juicy like soup than a skillet but still awesome, full of flavor.
Jul 8, 2011
Made this last night and the whole family loved it! Great flavor and very easy. I ended up not having any fresh tomatoes, so I drained a can of diced tomatoes and tossed those in. It still came out great.
Jun 27, 2011
Great recipe. My husband loved it. The only thing I did different was the cheese. I used low fat Mexican blend.
Apr 30, 2011
Loved this recipe although it was a little soupy. I will probably keep everything the same next time but up the bowties to 2 cups.
Nov 16, 2010
I substituted extra Italian and seasoning in place of the chili powder & it was excellent!
Oct 30, 2010
Kids loved it and me too. Will do it again, first time I was cooking with Zucchinis and the kids loved it
Dec 10, 2009
The seasoning in this receipe is so good and it's such a verstile dish. I used the veggie spiral pasta (that's all I had) and used carrots, corn, green beans and peas in place of the zuchini or squash, as my husband won't eat them.