Turkey & Bow Ties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 ounces turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add broccoli and garlic; cook until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, wine, basil and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; add to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 380 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 1, 2010
A great idea for something different after a big turkey feast, but does need more spices. Will be adding either more cayenne or crushed red pepper, also some diced onion and mozzerella. Could be good.
Aug 13, 2010
It's good; but definitely needs a bit more pizazz. Next time I'll add more garlic, more cayenne pepper, more basil, more... ???