Four-Cheese Bow Ties
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/3 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving 1-1/4 cups juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk and reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta; add the sauce and reserved tomatoes. Stir in cheeses and parsley. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 321 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Jul 1, 2015
This recipe is one of my families all time favorites! It is very light, and so much different from the same old pasta with sauce recipe. They cheer when I tell them that we are having this for dinner. Love it!
Mar 8, 2011
I have made this several times and my entire family loves it. I add grilled chicken cut into cubes to make it a main dish as well as add chopped spinach. I don't like blue cheese so I leave it out and it still comes out great! other variations I've tried, add Italian sausage with a package of taco seasoning for a Mexican meets Itialian dish.
Jun 10, 2010
This is a delicious, elegant but simple to make recipe that even works for company. It goes nicely with parnesan knots and an Italian tossed salad. My kids cheer when I tell them that I am making this dish! EXCELLENT!
Mar 2, 2010
I love this recipe! It's so amazingly cheesy!